Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WIAW~Tamar Learns Her Lesson

     As we do every Wednesday here on Aliment, today it's my turn to participate in the fun of "What I Ate Wednesday" (WIAW), a nifty blog hop hosted by the yummy-maker, Jenn over at Peas and Crayons. So here goes...

                                                                                            Source: lokalty.com via lokalty on Pinterest
  

     Whoever said, "Life is short, eat dessert first" wasn't very smart...wait, I think that was Mark Twain, he was pretty smart and pretty awesome. Ok, fine, the idea isn't all bad...but I learned that for me, eating dessert first might be a bad idea. Why? Because if I'm hungry for a meal and I eat dessert first, then I'm much more likely to eat a larger portion of the sweet stuff than my belly can handle. If you've been following us for awhile then you'll know that my body doesn't respond well to too many sweets, but the other night I took Twain's advice and learned a lesson in moderation.

Let's start with the night before...


 The culprit: Raspberry Shortcake (it was so stinkin' good.)
Should've stopped there...or not inhaled the whole thing in 90 seconds flat.
This was followed by dinner...which was a turkey burger patty, topped with a slice of meunster cheese and a dollop of dijon mustard. Yummy, but no picture. 

Maybe it was just a bad combo, 
or maybe I should've eaten a real dinner followed 
by a smaller portion of the above shortcake. 
Either way, next morning I awoke with a stomach ache!!
I felt like I had a hangover, nausea, slight headache, and just...blahhhh; 
but no alcohol had been consumed, then I remembered dessert.

I felt like I needed a gentle and clean start to my day, which lead to
this very kind breakfast:


Two tall glasses of water and a juicy nectarine later, 
I was feeling less wobbly and my belly was on the mend. 
I was ready for lunch by 11am:


Mmmm. Sprouted grain bread filled with:
Sliced Fuji apples
One slice of Meunster cheese (one of my faves!)
3 thin slices of Applegate Farms Turkey Bologna
Baby Spinach
Dijon Mustard

My belly said "Thank you, I'm back to normal now!"

Tonight, a healthy dinner first...then maybe just a spoonful of Cookie Butter. :)

What's the tastiest thing you've eaten this week?

Whatever it was or will be...
Bon Appetit!
Tamar 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment