Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIAW--Clean Eats w/ Tamar







It's time for another WIAW with our hostess with the mostest, Jenn at Peas and Crayons. Read on for an explanation of my food collage...

Aliment, Copyright 2012

 Breakfast:
While attempting to eat a cleaner diet, my breakfasts these days are pretty simple, but they pack a powerful energy and nutrition punch! I usually start the day with freshly juiced veggies and then I nosh on some raw organic fruit, like the apples shown above which I got in a six pack on the discount produce rack!! Can you believe it? And the fruit was still perfectly fresh and delicious!

Lunch:
This was so delicious...I almost can't even handle it. Yum!!!! I made this meal on a whim with some random things I had on hand-- it blew my mind. The recipe is easy peasy...

Coconut Curry Medley

by Tamar
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 can Organic chick peas
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can Pineapple chunks
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbs Coconut oil
  • 1 tsp yellow curry powder
  • pepper, to taste
Instructions
Heat coconut oil over medium heat. While heating, open and drain all canned foods. Add minced garlic to pan and heat until fragrant. Mix in chick peas, tomatoes, pineapple and curry. Stir to combine. Let simmer over medium low heat until heated through. Serve atop brown rice, add pepper to taste.
Powered by Recipage

Dinner:
I used my home-made BBQ sauce (recipe will be shared next week!!) to coat some white beans which I ate over brown rice and a whole bunch of kale. Mmmm. I am inlove with Kale...leafy green veg packed with chlorophyll and energy boosting goodness...so sexy

Fitness:
You can't eat this well and not treat your newly energized bod to an amazing workout too...lately, I have been treating myself to these fantastic mini workouts from my new fave yoga instructor, Tara Stiles. Check her out here or on You Tube. Here's a sneak peek...

 

Bon Appetit! 
Tamar

2 comments:

  1. Healthy AND Yummy = AWESOME! I'd love to try the coconut curry medley!

    xoxo ♥ -Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curry! All of your food choices sound delicious and very healthy.

    ReplyDelete